Saturday 17 November 2012

Clothing Tags

For Christmas last year, I made some flannel pyjama bottoms for my husband.  He really likes them and wears them often.  The only problem with the pants is that I didn't mark the front or back with a tag.  Since that time, I've also made many other gifts for people and I would love to be able to mark that I've made them.  I saw this post on ikat bag on making your own labels using iron-on transfer paper.  I picked up some iron-on transfer sheets from Staples and designed my label.  I then printed these out on the transfer paper (remember to flip the image horizontally).  I cut the labels out into strips and then ironed them onto strips of ribbon.  I made quite a few of them so that I would have them ready to go (especially with all of my upcoming Christmas sewing, heaven forbid we should have any more unlabeled pj bottoms!)


I was so pleased with how they turned out.  They look exactly like clothing labels from what you would buy in the store!


No comments:

Post a Comment