Thursday 3 January 2013

Tree of Life Blanket

Three years ago, my little sister got married.  I wanted to give her something special for her wedding that she would remember and be able to keep for a long time.  I found the tree of life pattern after doing some online searches.  It was perfect.  I loved how the trees intertwined and I loved the leaves around the edges of the blanket.  It was the perfect gift for my sister's wedding.  I chose a tan lion brand wool-ease wool, as I didn't want something that would be too bulky or scratchy.  The recommended wool was great, not too chunky and soft.  The blanket did require a bit of concentration, there was a lot of cabling, which I hadn't done before this blanket!  The edging was the most intricate work and it was frustrating trying to get everything to line up.


I really liked how this blanket turned out.  It was a bit more narrow then I actually wanted it to be, definitely a lap afghan.  But the intertwining the trees was exactly what I was looking for as a wedding gift for my sister and her hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment